Join us! Become a member of AEG, or renew your membership.
Why should a practicing geologist be a part of AEG?
The benefits of AEG membership are many, but the simplest answer is that you can increase your technical and business knowledge, enhance your career opportunities, network with hundreds of other professionals, and have fun in the process.
A recent survey of AEG members showed that the most important benefits they derive from AEG are technical publications and networking opportunities. AEG was considered most effective in disseminating timely, practical information through publications and meetings, and providing multiple avenues for networking with other professionals.
Some of the specific benefits AEG offers you as a professional member are:
– Explore numerous opportunities for career enhancement through contacts at technical meetings and in continuing education programs.
– Attend the Annual Meeting to meet and network with contacts throughout the U.S., Canada, and a variety of other countries.
– Attend local Section/Chapter meetings and field trips to get involved in YOUR region.
– AEG members have fun socializing at the various meetings they attend.
– Environmental and Engineering Geoscience journal published quarterly
– AEG News magazine published 4 times per year
– Directory of the Association of Environmental and Engineering Geologists
– AEG Annual Program with Abstracts
– Special Publications on technical topics
– More than 24 Sections and Chapters throughout the United States and internationally, with local meetings that offer opportunities to learn and network in a casual atmosphere that is also professional.
– Participating on committees, either locally or on the Association level, provides and enhances business skills associated with project management, delegation, marketing, and strategic planning.
– On-line job listings help in finding new career opportunities.
– AEG sponsors workshops and short courses for which official Continuing Education Units are offered.
– AEG encourages its members to participate in activities of mutual interest with other organizations.
– AEG provides educational and networking opportunities for members through regular Section and Chapter meetings and field trips. Short courses, field trips, and technical sessions provide opportunities for AEG members to enhance their professional practice.
Discounts and Cost Savings
– AEG members enjoy a 20 percent discount on all special publications, registration fees at meetings, short courses, and field trips.
– Reduced rates at Avis and Hertz car rental.
– Access to a variety of health, dental and disability insurance programs through GeoCare Benefits
AEG offers several classes of membership for professionals and students:
– Applicants for regular membership must hold a degree in environmental geology, engineering geology or geological engineering, hydrogeology, or a degree in a related professional field with 30 semester hours of credit in the geosciences. In addition, the applicant must be practicing in the field of Engineering Geology, Environmental Geology, or Hydrogeology.
– Annual dues for new (first time) members are $75.00 for the first year. Dues for regular members are $140.00 per year for national dues + $20.00 per year for STL Section dues.
– Applicants for affiliate membership shall be scientists or engineers who work with environmental or engineering geologists or hydrogeologists, or persons interested in those areas of practice. Annual dues for affiliate members are $100.00.
– Applicants for international membership must meet the same requirements as Regular Members (listed above) and must live or work outside the USA. Annual dues range from $35.00 to $55.00 depending on which publications the member wishes to receive.
– Teacher Member Applicants for teacher membership shall be teachers at the primary, secondary or post secondary level. Annual dues for teacher members are $35.00.
Attention Students! AEG membership is free! Download the Student-Application.